SWAP is a rehabilitation program developed in cooperation with the Colorado Department of Education and implemented at the local level between Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) offices and Estes Park School District R-3.
SWAP provides a new pattern of services for youth with disabilities with a focus promoting an Employment First approach. SWAP acts as a bridge between the Education and DVR systems enhancing transition service while supporting individuals in obtaining career entry-level positions that advances movement towards self-sufficiency.
Our goals are:
- To inspire, support and promote youth empowerment through employment.
- To expand employment opportunities for youth through vocational guidance, counseling, and job readiness skills.
- To provide access to life skills, education, job training and opportunities critical to success.
- To work in conjunction with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation to produce independence and self-confidence in clients within their community.
- To engage local employers in a partnership that supports a successful ‘school-to-work’ transition.
- SWAP Participants' Job Titles include: Mechanic, Housekeeping, Stocking, Courtesy Clerk, Wait Staff, Linesman, Child Care Assistant, Climbing Assistant, Cook.