Chess Club is an all year after school activity. Any 2nd-5th grader is welcome to join the club at anytime throughout the year, including home school students. Chess Club meets almost every Thursday after school in the elementary school library. We start right after school and play until 4:15 p.m.
We have a 5-week tournament at the end of the year. Each year we crown an overall school champion and two grade level champions.
Students must have a parent permission slip to participate.
Chess Club Calendar-April and May 2020
Chess Club for ES meets in the Elementary School Library on Thursdays
Chess starts at 3:20 and goes to 4:15PM
April 2nd Day 1 of tournament
April 9 th Day 2 of tournament
April 16 th Day 3 of tournament
April 23 rd Day 4 of tournament
April 30 th NO CHESS CLUB
May 7th Day 5 of tournament and last day of chess club for the year
Elementary School Chess Club
Chess Club Sponsor
- Control the middle of the board to open the game.
- Play defensive to open the game
- Remember eyes, brain, hand or survey the board, choose the best move and make it.
- Wait for your opponent to make a mistake and take advantage of it.
- Play as much as possible to get better at Chess.