About Estes Park Options School
The Estes Park Options School is an enrichment program for homeschooled students in grades K-12, especially designed to support parents who choose to school their children at home.
Classes are held every Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., taking appropriate breaks for the holidays and following the Estes Park School District School Calendar.
Parents remain the primary instructional provider, with the school supplementing their efforts. The school will never dictate what you teach at home. Estes Park Options School respects and supports the homeschooling family.
Families participating in the program get instruction and educational materials at no cost. This is possible because, as a public school, Options receives a portion of the PPOR (Per Pupil Operating Revenue) distributed at the state level for each enrolled student.
This money is used for curriculum and other costs associated with running the program, as well as to pay educator salaries.
Homeschooled students may participate in all extra-curricular sports, clubs and activities that Estes Park Schools offer. Students enrolled in Estes Park Options School may use the school district's libraries at weekly scheduled times.
Estes Park Options School Goals
- To recognize that each child is unique and special and find the best way to reach that child's learning style.
- To encourage positive character traits in the students such as honesty, self confidence, kindness, and hard work.
- To build the students' critical thinking skills and creativity.
- To provide students the opportunity to learn time management and accountability skills.
- To provide a hands-on learning environment.
- To give students the opportunity to experience different teaching styles.
- To give students the opportunity to experience participation in a group setting while enjoying old and new friendships with other students.