MSCC (Middle School Chess Club)
Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader is welcome to come play chess! MSCC will meet on Tuesdays after school upstairs at the middle school in room 201 from 3:30 to 4:30. Students do not have to know how to play to join MSCC. Mr. Leija can teach you how to play. If you want to come, get a permission slip from the middle school office and have your parents sign it. Then return it to the middle school office and show up on Tuesdays. Home schooled students are welcome to join chess.
Terry Leija is the Chess Club Sponsor. If you have any questions please contact him at email@example.com or call him at 586-7406 extension 3284.
- Control the middle of the board to open the game.
- Play defensive to open the game
- Remember eyes, brain, hand or survey the board, choose the best move and make it.
- Wait for your opponent to make a mistake and take advantage of it.
- Play as much as possible to get better at Chess.