Hidden Valley National Honor Society
Hidden Valley NHS Membership Requirements at EPHS
Uphold the Four Pillars of the National Honor Society
- Scholarship - Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Leadership - Contribute as a leader in your school and the greater Estes Park community.
- Character - Make positive choices and uphold moral and ethical principles at school and in your community.
- Service - Meet community service hour requirements.
Each member must contribute community service hours to uphold their membership. First year members are required to complete 20 hours for the school year, or 10 hours per semester. Second and third year members are required to complete 30 hours of community service for the school year, or 15 hours per semester.
These hours can be served through NHS group projects and individual projects. Members must participate in at least two NHS sponsored activities per year, to be determined at meetings. Community service hours should benefit the greater good by helping others. For example, helping pick-up trash benefits the community; attending a lecture on picking up trash helps you, but not the greater good until action is put into place!
Community Service hours need to be turned into Ms. Somer Hightower. A service log can be found HERE. If necessary, more or less hours can be completed per semester as long as the final count is completed by the end of the school year. Need ideas for community service hours? Attend meetings to brainstorm and share ideas!
Grounds for dismissal from NHS
- Not adhering to and maintaining the four principles of NHS
- Not completing your required community service hours
- Not participating in at least two NHS sponsored activities per year
- Not attending the majority of NHS group meetings (held before or after school, or during lunch)
- Not maintaining a 3.5 GPA or higher