The board defines which human needs are to be met, for whom and at what cost. Written with a long-term perspective, these mission-related policies embody the board’s long-range vision.
EP-1: Future-Focused Competencies
Estes Park R-3 learners will develop and demonstrate proficiency in:
- Essential skills and content:
- Communication: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
- Social Studies
- World Cultures and Languages
- Physical and Health Education
- Financial, Environmental, and Information Literacy
- Technological Fluency
EP-2: Global Outcomes
Estes Park R-3 learners will strive to become active, productive members of their community.
- Learners will develop and demonstrate the following traits and abilities:
- Communication - Learners can thoughtfully process and express ideas in multiple ways.
- Critical thinking and Problem Solving - Learners ask challenging questions, analyze complex information, and develop solutions.
- Creativity - Learners explore their curiosities and passions in order to produce innovative-imaginative products.
- Physical, Social, and Emotional Wellness - Learners make decisions that positively affect their physical, emotional, and social health in pursuit of lifelong wellness.
- Compassion and Global Awareness: Learners seek to understand, value and advocate for, and engage with others in their own community and globally.
- Perseverance - Learners strive to take on challenges, knowing that they have the capacity for growth.
- Collaboration - Learners build from diverse perspectives and assets while working together toward a common goal.
EP-3: Positive & Progressive Learning Environment
The Estes Park R-3 Board of Education will work to ensure that learners are educated in an environment that meets their diverse needs and that resources are allocated accordingly. Such a positive and progressive learning environment includes, but is not limited to:
- Quality mental health services
- Wellness education
- Restorative justice practices
- Individualized and inclusive special education instruction
- Intentional, frequent, and meaningful access to technology
- Highly-trained teachers and staff
EP-4: Application & Community Involvement
Learners will have the opportunity to engage with the wider community by exploring and participating in the following experiences, among others:
- Career and technical education
- Post-secondary options
- Exchange programs
- Extracurricular activities and athletics
- Community service