The Goal of the Gifted Education in Estes Park is to collaborate with parents and students to offer an exceptional educational program that provides each student with the tools they need to thrive and be prepared for a 21st Century, future-ready education. This collaboration succeeds or fails on an infrastructure of good communication. Toward this end, the Estes Park School District R-3 employs several systems to disseminate information and to receive feedback from families and educators.
The following lists several examples.
- ALPs are drafted with parental input.
- Final ALPs are reviewed with parents in person, sent home in hard copy form, or emailed for an electronic signature.
- Parents of gifted students in pullout classes receive periodic updates on class projects and student progress.
- The school Gifted and Talented website is used as message board and updated regularly.
- A newsletter is sent to parents and posted on the school website.
- PAGES (our Parent Advisory Group for Enrichment Services) meets actively.
- For every PAGES meeting an open invitation is sent out to every parent of a gifted child.
- For every PAGES meeting a notice is posted on the "For Parents" page of the GT website.
- Each PAGES meeting is followed by a summary, which is emailed to every parent of a gifted child.
- Program Feedback Surveys are sent to the parent of every gifted child each spring.