Estes Valley Connects
Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.
Volunteering gives you the chance to develop personally in many ways. For example, students report that volunteering:
- Adds something special to the student experience.
- Increases self confidence.
- Increases self esteem.
- Gives students a 'feel good' factor.
- Links students with the local community providing networks they wouldn't normally be able to benefit from.
- Gives a chance to escape the student bubble and meet other people.
- Helps students make new friends.
- Adds to a student's level of enjoyment.
- Makes students feel like they are contributing to something of value.
Volunteering is a great way of benefiting the local community. The major benefits include:
- Students bringing enthusiasm and energy to community organizations.
- Students bringing specific skills or knowledge which can benefit local organizations.
- Helping to break down barriers between the local community and students.
- It keeps the thriving voluntary sector in Estes Park strong through the support of student volunteers.
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and hand deliver to Kim Morris, HR Manager, in the district administration office.