EPMS B.I.O.N.I.C Team
The B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team is a group organized to support fellow students, students' families, staff, and the Estes Park community, through challenging times. Green Mountain High School began this student leadership group in 2009 and our Estes Park team follows this model, with a Bobcat twist.
OUR GOALS AND PROJECTS
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere in order to help new students feel connected in our school.
- Connect with sick/hospitalized students in order to ensure they know we are here in support during this tough time.
- Stand by and uphold students, their families, and staff that experience the death of a loved one.
- The B.I.O.N.I.C. Team will reach out to other schools and communities that experience tragedy.
NEW STUDENT SUPPORT
New students will receive a “Welcome Kit” during the first week of school to help with the transition. B.I.O.N.I.C. Team members will be aware of new students throughout the school year and will connect with as well as introduce these students to classmates.
EXTENDED ILLNESS TEAM/HOSPITALIZATION
Missing school due to illness is difficult, especially if it is for an extended period of time. Students that miss more than 5 consecutive days of school, our team will reach out to the student by sending cards or contact the student to see how we can support them.
The impact of the death of a loved one is extremely difficult for anyone. Grief is a hard process and we know that it takes time to move through the reality of loss. The B.I.O.N.I.C. Team will seek to uphold and stand by the student or faculty member that experienced the loss. Two weeks after the loss the students on the B.I.O.N.I.C. Team will make sure it is ok to make a home visit to drop off a card letting the individual know that he or she is thought of at EPMS.
SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY TRAGEDY
Unfortunately school tragedies face our communities and our nation The B.I.O.N.I.C. Team wants to ensure that other schools and communities know that we support them. The team will put together a poster with all student signatures to support those experiencing tragedy.
B.I.O.N.I.C. Team also provides leadership, programming and activities that support our ROARS philosophy. Some of the programs B.I.O.N.I.C. Team plans are:
- 6th grade transition activities, Bobcat Buddies mentoring program
- Red Ribbon Week
- Make a Difference Day
- Holiday cards for veterans
- Pennies for Patients
- Let it Go Day
- Earth Day
- Campus cleanup
- Estes Thrives initiatives including a memorial garden to honor our students: past, present and future.
B.I.O.N.I.C. Team Meeting Times
B.I.O.N.I.C. Team meets on 1st & 3rd Wednesday mornings in the MS commons from 7:30 a.m. – 7:50 a.m. All students interested in joining the team need to complete the nomination application form and return to an advisor.